Friday, September 10, 2010

How do you choose what to post when beginning a blog?

I was originally going to post a question about how labs start up, and I realized no one actually reads this. So this brought up another issue. When you start a blog do you just pretend you have a few readers at least even if you don't, and be able to post questions towards your readers, or do you mostly make declaratory posts? I would like to be able to post questions and get responses(How does your lab handle such and such) but without a readership it seems like a bit of a waste of the question. Would it be better to just post informative posts until I develop a readership? I suppose if I had people reading this that would be less of an issue, or at least one that applies less to me. If you do post the question and get no responses, would it be weird to post it again in the future?

2 comments:

  1. You post assuming people read it. If you build it they will come? Sometimes I ask rhetorical questions. And then nobody comments (I have a low readership). No biggie. Write what you want to write, what you enjoy writing, what you feel compelled to write. Readership shows up eventually.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. I guess it is just a little weird pretending people are there and knowing otherwise. Most my ideas for blog posts are questions that require a bit of participation so it makes it a little more difficult.

    ReplyDelete